Artistic alliances to face social challengesErasmus+ Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices, Partnerships for Creativity,
The URBANUS-19 project, Artistic alliances to face social challenges aims to sup-port vulnerable young people (VYP) while facing social challenges increased by Covid crisis and to empower them with the skills to portrait and overcome vulner-ability experiences through the arts. We will create a “cubist self-portrait of to-day’s society” through multiple artistic expressions.
Implemented by 5 partner organisations in 4 EU countries, the project will also contribute to the development of artistic, civic and social potential in their com-munities and especially in urban areas.
Orizzonti Social Cooperative
Euro-Med Youth Federation (EMYF)
• Implementing “Artistic Resistances” - through Art Installations, Community Theatre and Documentaries Reportage
• Bringing together young people in 4 partner countries by telling their sto-ries related to the pandemic and neighbourhood;
• Creation of exhibition spaces in partner countries to display participants’ creations, hold performances and collect feedback from the audience and wider public;
• Staff training on participatory methodologies and creativity in youth work;
• Showcase the situation of the neighbourhood environments during the pandemic by triggering artistic creation processes, also addressing topics such as social inclusion, European citizenship and cultural awareness of citi-zens and in particular young people;
• Promoting contemporary artistic creation as a tool for analysis on social is-sues, leading to participatory and intercultural dialogue and connecting ed-ucational institutions, organisations from social and cultural sectors and young people;
• Enhancing participants’ and staff’s socialisation skills and resilience in reac-tion to Covid-19 crisis through the arts, while gaining tools and competen-cies necessary to find creative and innovative solutions to face unprece-dented social challenges.
In particular, the URBANUS-19 will develop:
1 Handbook on Participation Methodologies in youth work;
1 Toolkit on Creativity in youth work;
1 Blended Hackathon Framework - “Hack on Arts”
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/630822374661491